These spring rolls are filled with smoked salmon, tender-crisp asparagus and plenty of fresh herbs. Spring rolls look impressive when you put them out for a party, but they are actually easy to make. To simplify the process, lay out all the ingredients you need to make the rolls near your work surface before you begin.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Serves:|
|45 minutes||45 minutes||4|
- 24 thick or 36 thin asparagus spears (about 2 pounds)
- 2 3- to 4-ounce packages smoked wild salmon
- 12 8-inch rice-paper wrappers (see Notes)1 ripe avocado, cut into 24 slices
- 1 cup shredded carrot½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup chopped fresh mintDipping Sauce⅓ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Tropicana Orange Juice Pure Premium, California$4.99Thru 05/06
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mirin (see Notes)¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- To prepare cornbread croutons: cut cooled cornbread into 1-inch cubes; arrange on baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and toast for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Reserve.
- To prepare roasted squash: combine butternut squash, acorn squash and 1 tablespoon olive oil in bowl and toss to blend. Season with salt and black pepper; transfer to sheet pan and roast for 30 minutes or until tender, turning as needed to evenly roast. Reserve.
- To prepare vinaigrette: combine ½ cup olive oil, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, apple cider, cider vinaigrette, salt and black pepper in jar; close lid and shake to blend. Taste and adjust seasoning; reserve.
- To assemble salad: combine lettuce blend, bacon, cranberries and roasted squash in large bowl, toss with vinaigrette as needed. Add croutons and gently toss; serve immediately.