Once you find a great Caesar dressing, like in this recipe, making a great Caesar salad is no problem. Here, the crunch of the romaine is highlighted by the crispy homemade croutons and creamy dressing.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Serves:|
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup good mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups of Buttery Homemade Croutons
- To make the Caesar dressing, put mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon, anchovy paste, garlic, Parmesan, and black pepper in a food processor, and pulse until a smooth, well-blended sauce is formed.
- With the romaine leaves, you can tear them into bite-sized pieces, chop them up, or leave them whole, depending on your preference.
- Toss the romaine in the dressing or drizzle some over a plate of lettuce. Top with Buttery Homemade Croutons.