Pureed berries give the tangy wine vinegar dressing a creamy texture that gently clings to the lettuce and fruit. This is a salad to enjoy when fresh berries are in the market.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Serves:|
- 1½ cups fresh raspberries, divided
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 ripe mango, diced (see Tip)
- 1 small ripe avocado, diced
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup toasted chopped hazelnuts, or sliced almonds (see Tip), optional
- Puree ½ cup raspberries, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender until combined.
- Combine greens, mango, avocado and onion in a large bowl. Pour the dressing on top and gently toss to coat. Divide the salad among 5 salad plates. Top each with the remaining raspberries and sprinkle with nuts, if using.
Tips: To dice a mango:
- Slice both ends off the mango, revealing the long, slender seed inside. Set the fruit upright on a work surface and remove the skin with a sharp knife.
- With the seed perpendicular to you, slice the fruit from both sides of the seed, yielding two large pieces.
- Turn the seed parallel to you and slice the two smaller pieces of fruit from each side. 4. Cut the fruit into the desired shape.