Smoked paprika and sherry vinegar add Spanish flair to the dressing of this artichoke-and-sardine salad. Try this salad for a take-along lunch. To keep the salad greens from getting soggy, pack the greens, salad toppings and dressing in separate containers and toss them together just before eating.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Serves:|
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika (see Note)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups mixed greens
- ½ cup canned artichoke hearts, rinsed
- 2 ounces canned sardines¼ cup sliced red onion
- Place oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper in a blender or a jar with a tight-fitting lid; blend or shake until well combined.
- Place greens in an individual salad bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. (Refrigerate the remaining dressing.)
- Top the greens with artichoke hearts, sardines and onion.